Friday, March 31, 2006

Miss Optimistic

by Irena the Croatian
Guest Blogger

Today I'm wondering if things ever really take on their true form, or if it's just a guessing game. A forever-in a long guessing game. I'm getting so tired of trying to read in between lines day after day. It's my book, too. That's the sad part. Bad night, last night. Bad week last week. And the week before. And a horribly bad morning too.

For the first time in AGES I had bird poop on my windshield. It's really been forever, probably since high school. I figured something was going to go wrong today, I woke up to find poop on my car - come on! If anyone reading this has the slightest belief in God, you'll agree with me: you see poop in the morning, you know something's gonna go down. Of course, it didn't take long. And I'm still trying to figure out if that's the one thing I need to crush me down or not, trying to figure out exactly how to deal with it. The happy train is slipping.

It's one of those things that you see other people dealing with. You try to sympathize with them, and as sincere as you are, your words are just thrown in the wind. Because nothing you say matters. And there is no cheering them up. It's one of those things you really don't fully grasp until it happens to you. Because, you move on with life after that conversation; and, they don't.

I found out this morning that my uncle has cancer. My mom wouldn't tell me what kind, or what his treatments are, or anything - really. She was in a rush, and our conversation was left half finished. I think I will twiddle my thumbs all day, hope that it's something small, something silly - you know? But in the back of my mind, I keep on thinking of every person that I've ever heard say that about someone that they love. And I keep trying to think of what the outcome was. But he's a strong individual, and putting up a mental fight is half the battle (if not more), and this goes for any disease and really anything in life. I know he'll be okay; I have complete faith in that.

I AM Miss. Optimistic. And I like it that way, thank you Mr. Wise Man. And if I wasn't Miss Optimistic, well... you wouldn't know me as the person that you do know me as. None of you would.



Have a good day, America.

Posted at 2:32 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home