Monday, July 03, 2006

The Devil Wins Again

By Irena the Croatian

And MySpace is the devil

I thoroughly enjoy people-watching. It's quite possibly one of my 5 favorite things to do... seriously. I tend to think of it as the best way to spend time educating myself on this wonderful masochist consumer culture that I belong in. Thank God that in every median there are cracks. And I think I've found mine, but I still owe it to myself to poke my head out, rise above and remind myself of the reasons to stay where I am.

So, here's some hypocrisy for you: I'm at work. I've gotten quite a few things done already, and I probably would have gotten them done a lot quicker had I not jumped on the devil's back and clung on like a leech: I started people-watching on MySpace again. And I'd almost say that it's really pointless to do so, but I've argued myself on that very statement for a few minutes. And here's why - people only let so much of themselves out on here. But it's the quality of what they let out that can almost certainly fall into the same pattern that I'd witness if I were standing 10 feet away from them.

Before I go off on another tangent about the medium and its shelters and cracks, I'll try to get to what actually inspired me to write this blog: people-watching on MySpace. You find a lot of bit of everything: underage sexually-oppressed girls, overly-egotistical rock star wannabes, gender-challenged emos, mentally-challenged republicans, no-party belongers, hippies, revolutionary wannabes, vigilantes, fake vigilantes, real people, fake people, fake people that want to be real, real people that are being fake, fake real real fake, more republicans, yup - here's another emo, hippy-wannabe, a 16-year-old Rasta, nobody can spell, sex sells everything, and finally... Tila Tequila.

And that's the part of my people-watching session that cracked the cap on the insanity bottle: Tila Tequila. More precisely, it was a song on her MySpace player ... ready for this?

Madame Tequila decided to cover No Woman, No Cry. ..

Not even joking...

I feel the end nearing.

Bob, I hope that there is enough green wherever your soul may be right now.... really...

I need a cigarette…

Posted at 4:57 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home