Friday, April 28, 2006

When the wise become the ignorant


Irena the Croatian

Friday, April 28, 2006

I've learned that no matter how long my lashes are, there is no such thing as too much mascara. I've learned that $0.85 can buy me dependability at any point in time - it comes in a brown wrapper with "Hersheys" printed on it, I've learned just how well a good friend can chase a funk away.

I've learned that I'm weaker then I thought, that feeling empty is feeling full, that the shit I'm given isn't free, that nothing in this world is free. Not the air we inhale, not the stones that we toss. Not even the souls kicking inside us, screaming and laughing. Everyone is imprisoned by something, somebody, and there is a dollar figure on every fucking thing that exists, one way or another.

I've learned that $4.18 can buy me a twenty-pack of nerves, a twenty-pack of peace, and twenty-pack of sanity. And then, there are my things to rely on: mascara, a Hershey's bar, a good friend, and a pack of cigarettes. For the sick days, for the mentally drained days, for those days when the wise men lose their wisdom; and, the ignorant bask in their bliss.


For the days when their shadows pay me a visit, they dance before me, to no music, when they kiss, one has no lips. They make love, but one feels nothing. They connect and they unite, and the wise become the ignorant (in the worlds of) yesterday (and) today.


Posted at 6:48 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home