Saturday, July 08, 2006

Unisom and Vicodin

by Irena the Croatian

Category: Dreams and the Supernatural

So I keep having the same scenario in all of my dreams (when I'm blessed enough to sleep or I've taken enough Unisom to). And all of them happen to be bad scary dreams. I'd rather not even discuss all of their contents, but there's one thing in particular that kind of bothers me. It's always the same building that I'm in. Sometimes it's different colors, sometimes it's burnt and all that's left are the walls and black smoke marks on them, and a lot of the time it's blood-colored. But it's always a labyrinth, a maze of a sort. Tonight it was black. Pitch black with black trim and it had a thousand elevators. There were red elevators with shiny steel doors. One of the elevators went right into this grand ballroom where there was a party of a sort. I say 'of a sort' because it really wasn't a party. It was a funeral and everyone was dressed as if for a wedding. Everyone was very young, very young. I don't know whose funeral it was, but I know that the ballroom was underground.

I ran out of there and back into the elevator. I found myself wandering through the building talking to VERY old people now. We talked without exchanging words. They all lived in different rooms, and all of them had such a wide range of decor... one had no walls to the outside. It was gray and it had trees growing out of the ceiling. And spiders, spiders were everywhere. It was a thousand shades of gray. One was bright and pretty and it had an old keyhole. I looked inside and talked to her through the keyhole.

All night, and in all my dreams this labyrinth of a building hides something. And I'm always looking for it in the midst of the bloody walls, black walls, inside a thousand different decors, wandering in and out of the thousand shiny elevators, running up and down the hundreds of flights of shaky stairs. I never find it... I don't know what it is, I don't know who it is and I wish I knew... Not that it would make anything any easier, but isn't that the key? To know what we want in life... everything is symbolic to one another. I wish I could see the outside of the building, I'm always trapped inside. Not really trapped... it's by my own will. "Every drama is controllable and self-inflicted." I said that yesterday, not fully realizing how true it was. Not even analytical enough was that statement, or a quote - rather, it really hit home when I woke up from this dream... this nightmare.

I figured this building and these dreams are my own hell. They say in Islam that when we go to sleep our souls go to God, and that fact scares me now more then ever... I really do need the judgment day on my calendar.


Posted at 9:16 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home