Monday, July 10, 2006

'aancakes, aaancakes'

by Irena the Croatian

I think I've lost all faith in humanity. Sometimes I think that if it weren't for my daughter, I wouldn't believe in the sheer notion of 'good' as it exists... or does it? This very moment in time, she just finished eating her 'ancakes'. The movie Cars is playing and she's walking around carrying Lightning McQueen in her hand wearing my pink ballerina shoes, and nothing else but a diaper. Her hair is a blonde mess of curls going in about 30 different directions, she has my sunglasses on and she is perfectly content. :) And I wish, I pray that it will get better... for her. Maybe it will, who knows. She now has a different pair of shoes on and Lightning McQueen has been replaced with Woody from Toy Story.

Anyway... everybody lies. I'm finding that my daughter has more character then some (30 year-old) adults that I happen to have the pleasure of interacting with. And I wish it weren't so. I imagine that at one point, this world was selfless, that people were kind because they meant to be and not because it benefited them to be so in one way or another. Its time to step backwards.

Good morning to my favorite capitalistic society with many a crack in its medium. Does anyone want aancakes? I made extra

Posted at 2:52 PM

1 Comments

  • Blogger Battlerocker posted at 6:22 PM  
    I'd love some. And I agree with you. Good is something most people grow out of.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home