Friday, July 28, 2006

Thank you j0hnny

by Irena the Croatian

This is an official thank you... you reminded me of the most important moment in my whole day today, and thank you so much. That moment was worth remembering, so here is a daily blog... yes - daily. I write a lot of blogs. But it's late, I'm home from work, I've done my fair share of good and bad for today, and it's time to write a blog. Yes, I do still have a life. Wanna hear about the drama? No, you don't. I edited it out.

OK... so... after a little bit of drama (and then some), I had to go to court. I had to go to traffic court. Easy, very easy breezy. DA was a young guy, I had a pink dress on, Kathryn went with for added appeal KATENATION! (and because I was there for driving on a restricted license - unsatisfied judgement - insurance companies SUCK).

Nah, it was a simple case, I've never really been in trouble for anything before. And they're dropping my 10-19mph over the limit speeding ticket when I go to the DMV and pay $60 to get a new license. On my birthday, mind you. My court date is on my birthday. Great, I promised to bring back cake. How about some fruit? The clerk looked like she had frosting pouring out of her ears.

After court, Kathryn drove me up to Broomfield to get 12 Cents their extra tickets and some more of the burlesque/tattoo/circus posters that I carefully crafted. And that drive made my whole day, and j0hnny, you reminded me of it.

We took 93 up to 182 from Jefferson City. I saw live animals. And the mountains were so blue, they were as blue as blue can be and in clear sight. For the first time ever, I fully realized the power they bear and encompassed, I never felt it so strong before. There didn't seem to be a cloud in the sky, and the sun shone with all its might. I saw live animals... did I mention that? Real live animals. And the only concrete for miles was the road we were on. We came upon a dive bar. Then a quarter mile later, there was a house. And behind them and around them there was just grass; rolling hills, and a few trees here and there. We saw the most beautiful butterfly... bold bright yellow with black lines. It flew directly at us and I ducked... I don't know why I ducked. The grass looked so soft. I asked Kathryn if she'd make grass angels with me :). But her white pants ruled out the possibility. And it almost made me sad. For the first time in what seems like forever, I felt like a child.

We drove back to the concrete jungle, and discussed the wrongs of our society, the lack of spirit and life and passion that it carries. We talked about people we knew, about life in itself. And I held sunshine in my hand. And Kathryn, you promised you'd do the same. So, I hope that on your short drive back, I really hope that you held it in your hand, and that you released it when you went into a shadow. Because doing that made me happier then I've been in so long. I forgot what it's like to hold sunshine in your hand... and I'm glad I found the time to remind myself today. I needed it. Really truly needed it.

So... there is a ten page long blog about my day. I talked to my mom today. I miss her, I miss her so much. I'm coming home. I hear Chicago playing. Da-da-dadadada La-da-dadadada. La-da-dadadadadadadadadada. Going home. It's only in my head.

Good night to my favorite society of MySpace degenerits. If you read this far, and I don't think you did, because I probably wouldn't have…

Editors note: Dont forget the Earn Free Credits to Read Day contest! Contest

Posted at 2:14 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home