Saturday, July 29, 2006

This one time in band camp

Editors Note: This is a reposting of Irena's Myspace Blog from Monday...

by Irena the Croatian

Blah.

Happy Monday morning! I'm happy it's Monday, really truly am. Happy happy joy joy. If I was any happier (you guessed it) I'd have flowers catapulting out of a certain body cavity.

Bulletins finally work. I swear it's taken me the last 45 minutes to post one bulletin. Go read it, print your tickets that show is finally coming up.

It's gloomy out today. Laney's here... Boo is still broken, the carpet is still a canvas, and I'm just moody enough not to be amused by any of it. She decided to throw her little lion toy off the balcony this morning. Then she stood here for 30 minutes crying about it. I managed to save Woody from taking a nose dive, but now I have to go downstairs and bring Simba back home. When she's sleeping... because I'm certain that during the two seconds that I'm turned around and picking the lion up off the ground, she will launch herself into the swimming pool - clothes and all.

Anyway... yeah... so I'm on the phone listening to this junk yard guy give me the ten thousand reasons why he can't meet me at the price for the part that I'm looking for and that he told me we could work with on Friday. Mister Cool, mister Cool. Works fine for me, really - thank you Chris. :) I didn't want to have a reason to stick to my word and owe this guy 30 minutes of my life for 'cutting his own throat and selling me this part at 50 detail".

With that being said, I think it's time to go wash pineapple juice out of my hair and make another attempt at cleaning up after my toddler. I already made aancakes and I think it's time for oatmeal now. And I'm not offering to feed my favorite society of MySpace degenerits today. But you are still my favorite society in all the land - virtual and as unrealistic as possibly can be. Even though there are those of you that pollute and consume and abuse my feeble internet connection with all the glittery shit on your page, I forgive you. I've finally come to terms with the ever-so-great importance of image and its deceit.

I think I'm going crazy. And lying to yourself is the hardest thing to do. I'm getting better at it by day.

And all this bullshit in the Middle East is driving me nuts. I imagine that one day, soon, I won't have an internet connection or the electricity to power my laptop up and post up mindless ramblings. I caught myself thinking that it's almost what this country needs or at least what its people need. Carefree as can be. But there's always that point when you've chewed the last of the flavor and popped the last bubble. It's America, who am I kidding? Everything is sold in multi-packs, especially carefree gum.

Editors note: Dont forget the Earn Free Credits to Read Day contest! Contest

Posted at 7:00 AM

1 Comments

  • Blogger Big D posted at 7:12 AM  
    Awesome template!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home