Thursday, August 03, 2006

Question of the Day

(the dream toilet)

by Hari Seldon

Who are the better cleaners? Men or Women? Oh, I know the answer may seem obvious to everyone out there in the blogging world, but when it comes to cooking, cleaning, and doing the housework it may be a female dominated world. However, I asked this question because, it all started yesterday as I was putting together two new bookcases. I realized that my once a week dusting was not getting the job as I shifted furniture around to make room for my new acquisitions.

I am not the type who deep cleans--you know what I mean, yes? For instance you take all the items from a top of ones entertainment center, shelves, move it, and clean the debris from behind it. The only exception, of course, for me, is the bathroom, it must be deep clean twice a week. It is the only thing I am compulsive about, and I deep clean it on a regular basis. Me not like a dirty bathroom.

So, the question remains who are the better cleaners--men or women? Please feel free to comment, but to make it fun for you, at least some of you at Blog Explosion, I am giving away 75 BE credits for the best response. The contest ends August 7th, 2006. I will have panelists of my friends, bloggers, to help decide who response was the best...

Let's have some fun with this, eh?

Posted at 5:50 PM

4 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:09 AM  
    Well, I don't really want to speak for my entire gender, but I do feel that some are better at cleaning the house than women. For example, when I clean the living room, my fiance tells me that I'm just moving crap around and nothing's really getting squared away neatly. When he cleans the living room though, it is spotless. So in our case at least, the man is better than the woman at cleaning.
  • Blogger Me posted at 1:11 AM  
    From a man's point of view, I think men can also be good (maybe even better) at cleaning as women.

    Only that there are some men who are considered slobs 'coz they grew up having someone else to do it (their moms, sisters, etc.) and they have no clue on how to do it themselves.

    But for those who have been 'trained' to do it, these men are even better because they tend to be more anal about cleanliness.

    But really, gender has nothing to do with cleaning abilities (or any other thing for that matter), does it?
  • Blogger Travel Italy posted at 3:05 PM  
    In both my marriages I do the cleaning and in my first most of the cooking. Although a general assumption based on my situation is not appropriate I can say that I have found few women who clean the house/kitchen as thoroughly as I do but that is my mother's fault. We were a big family, 6 kids and many relatives around all the time, and when I was 8 I started doing dishes. Since I broke more than my share my mother indicated that I would do dishes until I learned to like them (dishes meant cleaning the entire kitchen). By the time I was 12 a 2 hour job became 45 minutes and I really did not mind doing them anymore. At that point my mother informed me that I would be doing the dishes as long as I remained at home since I was the only one who didn't mind doing dishes and I did such a good job....

    (my mother's knickname was "the general"!)
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:42 AM  
    It really depends, doesn't it? Stereotypically, women are supposed to be better and household chores, but I know a few who do not conform to that. The same for men.

    Thus, my answer... it depends :)
  • Post a Comment

    « Home